Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Life Goes on!


Well, as I always say, I will try and get more consistent about updating more often. It's rather funny, in the midst of adjusting to marriage, settling into a new house and getting adjusted to my life as I now know it life just keeps happening. I thought that life would slow down and be almost down-right boring, but alas, it has been anything but boring! Don't get me wrong, there has been much more relaxation over the past two months than I have since December 2004 -June 3, 2005 combined. Yet life marches on it doesn't stop while I adjust to whatever life-change I am going through. Not just marriage but, whatever life holds for you, I have learned to not expect it to stop. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, my goodness, I had a friend of mine who is dealing with the death of a sibling and I can't even imagine. So in retrospect, bills, work, and learning to chill about being a wife is small potatoes! I was reading the book of Numbers in the Old Testament about how the Israelites were complaining about not having any meat, and they complained so much and were so disrespectful and ungrateful for the provision God had given them already that he gave them so much meat they were literally, sick. So many times we trust ourselves and think we have a better plan just because God doesn't provide in the way we think he should. My life would be a lot less dramatic if I chose to rest in the fact that God has a bigger, better, clearer perspective than I will ever have! Sorry if that was a bit random, but it's getting close to my bedtime!
Michael and I are heading up to see my brother, sister-in-law and my three blonde bombshells (nieces, all three blonde w/blue eyes) in Virginia Beach, VA. I will write about that next week! Keep you posted on the life and times of an aging drama queen!

No comments: