Sunday, May 15, 2005

Gaining Sanity

Well, the Lord really humbled me this past week during my quiet times. Again, this Andrew Murray Abide in Christ devotional is wonderful! One day last week I was reading about how we need to abide in Christ strength and His alone. Wow, did I need to hear that! I had been trying to handle so many things in my own strength, and not rest in the strength of Christ that is in me. God is taking care of so many details. How many times do I take on in my own strength what I was never intended to take on at all. Resting and relying totally and completely on Christ and Christ alone is something I have heard so often and thought I was doing until I took a look at my life and realize I was trying to do it all myself. Admitting that I can't do something in and of myself is hard (particularity as the youngest of four, "I can do it myself" was heard often from me, and still is, just ask my Fiance). God repeatedly humbles me and keeps me close to him,what a precious place to be.
Here I am 19 days before I get married and I am trying to get ready for the whirlwind! My life will be a blur for the next few weeks and so I am already praying that I will remember to come back to Christ and abide in Him in the midst of the craziness.
It is wild to think that the moment I have been hoping for, praying for, crying over because it wasn't here is now here (and I'm still crying because it's here!). God is so faithful to bring me a godly man who seeks after God and strives to love me as Christ loves the church, what an incredible blessing Mr. Michael Scott Roten is in my life. I know we "refine" each other through our differences (yes, that is putting in nicely) and cause each other to be wholly satisfied in Christ because each of you is reminded that the other is not meant to satisfy your every need or even make you happy all the time. Marriage is meant to draw you closer to God and glorify Him in living a life as one, seeking after Him.
Michael and I would greatly covet your prayers in remembering the peace, joy, and strength that is ours through Christ, as we go through these next weeks!

No comments: