Thursday, March 19, 2009

The day we met Olivia!


Well - here we are the last picture as a family of Three on the morning we met our sweet Olivia. Let's back up about 24 hours earlier, and we were just going about our lives with no clue of what God had in store. Olivia's story starts even before that, in November when Michael and I decided that we would go ahead and start the adoption process for our second little blessing. We knew it could happen fast, as 38 hours notice for Celeste proved, but thought for sure it would not happen that quickly again (apparently naively, thinking). 3-4 months and a few phone calls from our adoption agency later we were talking and planning for another child, but at the same time busy with our increasingly mobile now 1 yr. old! On march 10th, while Michael is subbing at a school he calls and tells me we got a call from the executive director of our adoption agency and our minds immediately start racing but she left a message for him to call her back so they finally touch base and Michael calls me back and says that we can go tomorrow to meet our new daughter! I impatiently waited for Michael to get home literally walking in circles making phone calls and running though our shopping list! The moment we met her was beautiful and later that day she was welcomed by the rest of our family and we are settling into life as a family of four. Thank you to everyone for your love and support that you have offered our Family from the very beginning when it was just me and Michael.


Already smitten by our darling Olivia!


Daddy and his girls!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Michael and Emily! I am so happy for you guys! I remember our chat at your home in WF a few short years ago about all our dreams to be parents...and look at what God has done! She is beautiful!
Danielle Dicaprio

jason and jen said...

Emily...congratulations on your newest arrival! I had chills reading your story of getting that call! I remember that so clearly for our family as well. It is amazing how the Lord hand picks these precious babies to be ours!!! She is beautiful!

dawnielle said...

Congrats my friend! I NEED an update on how you're holding up! I'm so happy for you guys!