Sunday, October 30, 2005

October update!




See I told you I would update my blog more often. So in october we have finally slowed down the latter part of the month. The first weekend in October we went up to Millers creek to visit michael's parents, Hickory to visit a friends. And finally to Blowing Rock to go to Tweetsie Railroad to ride the Ghost train (and all of that was in the span of three days!). Going to Tweetsie railroad is a bit of a tradition with my dear husband who enjoys many things halloween. Tweetsie is a amusement type park that is themed around the train and around halloween the train is decoarated quite scary and takes you through a series of scarry scene's culminated in men with chain-saws (chains removed) jumping on the train and running down the isles. Also another tradition is that I close my eyes and cling to my dear husband during this and when we walk through the haunted house.
The following weekend we went to a wedding in Winston-Salem. I danced the night away and my husband sat back and laughed at me while I got jiggy-with-it! It was fun to get dressed up and go to a fancy dinner with candle-light, and of course share a slow-dance with Michael. We also had a yard sale that morning that left us with a whole 2two hourse to recover from getting up before the crack of dawn and get ready to go to the wedding in winston. Needless to say we were glad to come home and crash that night.
Anyway, enclosed are some pictures of our house. We are enjoying working on it and getting things exactly the way we like it and continuing to get settled in. God has definately blessed us! I'll keep you all posted (pun intended)!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the rearrange. Looks good!

Quiet & Quirky said...

I see your afghan you made, Emily. Good job on it. The house looks good.